(Originally posted at http://madrid.tomalaplaza.net/2011/05/22/release-of-detainees-in-the-event-of-may-15-2011/ )
Vegan Press detainees the demonstration of May 15, 2011
Assembly of the exhibition held from May 15
With this release we show how we addressed the national police and that people know what the attitude of these people, blinded by power.
We write these lines to express how we feel about what happened.
We are very different people, about ourselves as anarchists and others as anti-globalization, feminists, environmentalists, people who are in favour of a real democracy, etc., but all the comrades saw and suffered in our flesh the disproportionate police harassment and unfair.
Given that some did not participate in the demonstration, and we were able to defend various forms of political action, we all have a common feeling, discontent with the current situation of our lives (the difficulty in finding work or precarious conditions, no to realize our dreams because of economic inequalities and all this education consume and consume based on repressed by our political ideas or wanting to be different from what surrounds us). We are facing a scenario with no hope and no future that prompt us to live peacefully and be able to deal with what we like to each. Therefore, most came to the event May 15 to try to change this system more fair and equitable, but what was our experience: Repression by the state security Corps.
It was shameful to see how exalted men, dressed and equipped with all kinds of weapons to frighten and hitting anything that moved or anyone who was a little different as dictated by market trends, see how the police, which is supposed to maintain order and social peace, who was hit with impunity in their power, their faces full of hatred and dilated pupils (by stimulants that may have consumed), the terror that used to defend bankers, politicians and big business.
Detainees vegan agrees on the form of disproportionate, random act of the police, the following points:
1. A colleague, after examining his arrest in the van and hands tied, he was caught in the head and beat him to the seat of the van, which bears traces saying is “unhygienic “and that he did not care that there was no done nothing, but it was a dirty, and that was enough to hit her. And when it seems that has already passed, another riot was about to say “do not complain much, at least has hit just one.”
2. Another companion, baggy trousers, they say: “Normal you cannot find work with those pants fag” among other homophobic and sexist comments.
3. Another colleague who was leaving for home after completing the event, accompanied by his girlfriend see how the police are smashing blows a guy asks you to stop hitting and ends beaten and arrested for “getting where no one was called “.
4. Two comrades, to see how the riot batons to beat people sitting in the middle of Gran Via, intervene to raise the kids the ground and did not set foot, ending with secret police detained for aesthetic skins, only identified themselves as police after the arrests.
5. Another fellow had the misfortune of wanting to take the commuter rail in Sol after coming to play football. He was arrested “for being in the wrong time and place, ” as he later said in front of us all laughing in your face, humbling to see that the bag carried the football boots, shin pads, the robe of his team and ball. Just little joke saying, “do not complain much, so you have a story to tell your grandchildren.”
6. In the Provincial Information Brigade in Madrid, located in Moratalaz, we could not look up from the ground, as they either received a cry or a stroke. It was like horror movies, were all hooded, let us not look them in the face, even when we did a question. Unfortunately, reality is stranger than fiction.
7. Lying on the ground with the bridle tight in the wrists and looking down, warns that another partner has heart problems, which has been operated and taking medication. Asked to be transferred to hospital, to which the officers responded mocking him and denying him medical care. Spent 2 hours until a police commander said he would call the Emergencies, who arrived an hour later. For the police, the situation seemed funny and decided to put the nickname “The Telele” made jokes and comments. He was eventually taken to hospital where he was treated. They put a road and provided him with medication. To be returned to jail, not let him take the medication with him and told him when he needed the request. After several hours, there was a changing of the guard and the new officers were not informed of the problem, when having to take a new dose was refused. The companion suffered a panic attack and agreed to their demands after more than two hours that we spend the rest of the detainees to help him screaming.
8. Since many of the comrades we were frightened, and in the first instance did not want to advise our parents or see a doctor. After the initial shock, we call these rights and one of the responsible commissioner Moratalaz literally cried: “Panda’s sissies, wimps of shit, I’ll get a kick in the ass that you will come out through your mouth, not first want to be notified to your mom and 5 minutes yes, but what the fuck you think is this bunch of assholes? Go to suck!
9. For all shipments in the car we drive recklessly at high speed, swerving and braking giving way, so that when in the back in handcuffs we beat them against the doors and partition walls.
10. Other signs of psychological abuse were:
- One partner said, “You’re lucky that I have not hit two shots”
- As we crawled up the stairs said: “We could throw out the window, which is a fucking socialist.”
- We are seeing signs of abuse and racism against other detainees.
- They refused to provide the resources that a partner hygienic deem necessary for menstruation.
- They altered our temporal consciousness and our sleep cycles.
- Continually mocked vegan status of some of us, with derogatory phrases like: “Look, this is the vegetarian.” “Normal, with the face of bitter you have.” Of course, they refused to respect this condition. They further argued that food was scarce saying “so fucking sexy for the summer.”
In addition to these abuses and humiliations, we denounce the crimes of “public disorder”, punishable from 6 months to 3 years in prison “Infringement of the authority”, punishable by 1 to 3 years in prison and “Resistance.” The first charge is common for all detainees, and then varies from 2 to 3 counts. These are the testimonies of the elderly, having 5 other children who were taken to the lumps (Lower Panel) and whose testimony was not known and we want to express our solidarity.
This was the treatment we receive, without forgetting that we were all lying on the floor face down or facing the wall, with clamps or tightly shackled to the maximum, for 2 or 3 hours.
With this release we show how we dealt with the Spanish National Police and that people know what the attitude of these people, blinded by the power they have granted.
We encourage all people to continue to participate in these demonstrations, or as they see fit, to show that we are not afraid and we are tired of their lies and theft.
If you fight you lose, but if you do not fight you are lost.
The street is ours and our lives too. We no longer believe their lies. The changes are in the street and not just in the polls. Do not represent us. No, no, they do not represent us!